Muscle Building Tips
Muscle Building Tips
Working out is one thing, but bulking up building muscle is another. Knowing some muscle building tips is important for you to know if getting bulked up is your goal.
1) Compound exercises are your best tools for growth. Use them.
2) Eat your biggest meal of the day about 30 to 60 minutes after you lift weights. Trust me.
4) Squats are king of the muscle builders, and they are not bad for your knees unless your form is horrible and/or you are doing half-squats.
5) Balance your upper body work. This means equal effort for chest, back and shoulders. Stop doing 7 exercises for chest and only lat pull downs for back. Balance will keep you healthy, strong and help to stave off shoulder issues.
6) Beginners…stop training like advanced lifters, using advanced splits and training techniques.
7) Stop missing workouts. Seriously, you need to stop missing them.
8) Stop complaining about muscle soreness. It’s part of the game. Don’t miss workouts because of it. No excuses – get to the gym.
9) Stop complaining about every ache, pain or strain. Lifting weights is hard. You’re going to feel off occasionally. No excuses – get to the gym.
10) Having trouble reaching your calorie goals? Add sour cream and cheese to every possible meal.
11) Having trouble reaching your calorie goals? Snack on almonds and nuts in between meals.
12) Beginners…stop obsessing about muscle confusion. You won’t plateau for years and years. Confuse your muscles with more weight.
13) Progression of weight is the magic muscle building key.
14) Why does every workout seem to work? Because a lifter who is dedicated, eats right and gets stronger can thrive on even the most unorganized muscle building workout.
15) Fat is not bad. Do not avoid healthy fats. Your body needs fat to function properly.
16) Just because someone has a six pack doesn’t mean they know how to build muscle. Learn the difference between a diet expert and good muscle building advice.
17) Squats above parallel are dangerous (bad for the knees).
18) 20 rep squats are insane and amazing. Try them.
19) Have more sex. It’s good for you.
20) Training for failure is not necessary, and generally involves more risk than reward. Stop a set when you feel like you might fail on the next rep.
21) Don’t train with poor form. If your exercise form starts to deteriorate during a set, stop the set.
22) Performing the bench press with your arms flared out at 90 degrees is one of the worst things you can do for your shoulders. Being your elbows in to about a 30-60 degree angle, give or take.
23) Don’t bounce bench press reps off your chest. This is dangerous in many ways.
24) Don’t curl in the squat rack. The squat rack is sacred, and for squatting.
25) If you are using a split, separate your shoulder and chest days as much as possible. Both are “pressing” days and utilize the same muscle groups to different degrees