Weight Loss Recipes
Hold onto your hats, weight loss recipes just stepped into the building jam packed with taste and yum factor. Try these weight loss recipes below and you’ll know what I mean.
Cheddar and Ham Muffins
- 3/4 cup low-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 3/4 cup reduced fat all-purpose baking mix
- 1 cup low-fat skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat ham, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Mix cheeses, milk, and baking mix together; add pepper and ham.
3. Mix well and spoon into lined muffin pans 1/2 full.
4. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2 large (or 4 small) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil Freshly ground black pepper as desired
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup bottled marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces thinly sliced or shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat indoor grill according to manufacturer’s directions.
- If using large chicken breasts, cut in half so they are half as thick, to make 4 thin breasts. Lightly coat both sides of each breast with olive oil. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper as desired (I used about 1/4 teaspoon).
- Add chicken breasts to the grill and lower lid if using a contact grill. Cook for about 6 minutes or until chicken is nicely brown on the outside and moist and fully cooked on the inside.
- Place chicken breasts on a foil-lined toaster oven pan (if using toaster oven) or cookie sheet (if using the regular oven broiler). Top each breast with 1 1/2 tablespoons of marinara or pizza sauce, then 1/2 tablespoon of Parmesan and 1/2 ounce of thinly sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese (1/8 cup). Broil in toaster oven or regular oven until cheese is nicely melted (about 2 minutes).
- Serve as an entree or serve on a toasted whole-wheat bun as a sandwich.
Cranberry Turkey Salad
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast, cubed
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 large red apple, cored and cut into small pieces
- 1 orange peeled and segmented (or use a small can of mandarin oranges)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Dressing Ingredients: 1 cup jellied whole-berry cranberry sauce 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1. In a medium bowl, combine turkey, apple pieces, cranberries, orange, and walnuts.
2. In a small bowl, mix cranberry sauce and orange juice concentrate.
3. Arrange lettuce leaves among four plates.
4. Just before serving gently toss turkey mixture with dressing.
5. Garnish with kiwi slices
100-Calorie Chocolate Cupcake
- 18.25-ounce box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 5 large egg whites (or 3/4 cup egg substitute)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper baking cups.
- Beat cake mix, water, fat free sour cream, and egg whites or egg substitute in large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium speed and continue beating for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter between the 24 cupcake cups.
- Bake for about 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Dust the tops of the cupcakes with powdered sugar using a sifter, sugar shaker, or wire mesh strainer.